Re: Radius accounting bug in .90 ??

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 2 May 1997 09:20:50 -0400

I always have RadiusNT running as a service (using the secret) and when I
upgraded from .60 to .90, .90 was running as a service as well (without
changing and Radius settings.) The first time Radius .90 stopped handling
accounting records, it was while running as a service. The second time
(where I got the debug info) was after I stopped the service and ran it
from the command prompt (-x15 -o -R97). It didn't occur to me until on my
way to the office this morning that I had forgotten to put the "-A" with
the other options while running it from the prompt last night. But even
so, that doesn't explain what had happened while it was running as a
service (using the secret). Right now, I've got Radius.60 running as a
service again and there are no problems. The problem is only showing up in
..90. The only reason I switched to .90 is so that I could use the default
"limit" to allow people to login upto 7 days past their expiration date
(which works in .90, but not in .60).

I never got the opportunity lastnight to test the limitation with
Ascend-Maximum-Time with .90, so I'm still limited to 0 through 32767

Josh Hillman

> > ODBC: SQLExecDirect Error:
> > [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The column UserName in
> > table Calls may not be null.
> >
> > Response Time: 62

> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <>
> I have seen this problem with Ascend's before. They will send
> accounting
> a couple of times, and then basically consolidate the accounting w/o a
> username
> and keep trying to send it. Generally this happens when you don't have
> the
> accounting secret enabled, and is associated to "bad authenticator"
> messages
> in the logfile.