Re: Multiple logins and PAP problem

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Sat, 08 Mar 1997 09:47:56 -0500

At 05:19 PM 3/7/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Is anyone using RadiusNT with PAP... is it working great?
>
>Or does it attempt to login and then disconnect the user immediately
>about 40% of the time?

No, it's working great, on CompuTone PowerRacks. (Now if I could keep the
PowerRacks from lcoking UP.....)

>What can we do? Help! I know other people must be using PAP without any
>problems?

Make sure that the IP's and hostnames of the MAX's are in the HOSTS file of
the RADIUS server, in \NT40\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC. Radius NT appears not to
like having to do DNS lookups to external DNS boxes. It didn't work at all
until we added them to the local hosts file, and then, it worked great
after that.