Re: Kickouts

Thomas Spaulding ( (no email) )
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 13:18:59 -0500

Then it is safe to say that it is not Radius kicking out people? Maybe it
is a bad ShivaPort?

Thanks for your info.

Thomas Spaulding http://www.talweb.com/tsplding
tsplding@talweb.com http://www.talweb.com

----------
: From: Mitch Wagers <wizard@telcentral.net>
: To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
: Subject: Re: Kickouts
: Date: Sunday, March 02, 1997 1:05 PM
:
: Ok, then your's is the same as ours! As far as the win31 not having that
: option, IEAK doesn't currently supply it. Not meaning to put down
: Microsoft, but their IEAK and win3.1 software is terrible. There are
: hundreds of problems with IE w/ the dialup software on windows 3.1. By
: default, win95 uses IP Header Compression on the dial-up networking.
:
:
: At 07:48 PM 3/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
: >----------
: >: From: Mitch Wagers <wizard@telcentral.net>
: >: To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
: >: Subject: Re: Kickouts
: >: Date: Saturday, March 01, 1997 6:18 PM
: >:
: >: Check your SHIVA configuration for TCP Header Compression. It cause
this
: >: problem if the user is using the opposite... We have had the same
: >problems :)
: >:
: >
: >In my Shiva I did chserver then tcp and this is what I have.
: >
: >
: >Server TCP Characteristics:
: >
: >Admin Listener TCP Port : 23
: >TCP Keep Alives : Enabled
: >TCP Keep Alive Interval : 1 min
: >Send Location : Disabled
: >
: >Admin:
: >
: >Users are instructed to check the "Use IP header compression" in win95
and
: >I don't see any entry for the win31 people for this. Most are using the
: >IE3.01 for Win3.1 from the IEAK kit. Some are using Trumpet.
: >
: >
: > ----------------------------------------------------------
: >