Re: Kickouts

Mitch Wagers ( wizard@telcentral.net )
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 12:05:08 -0600

Ok, then your's is the same as ours! As far as the win31 not having that
option, IEAK doesn't currently supply it. Not meaning to put down
Microsoft, but their IEAK and win3.1 software is terrible. There are
hundreds of problems with IE w/ the dialup software on windows 3.1. By
default, win95 uses IP Header Compression on the dial-up networking.

At 07:48 PM 3/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>----------
>: From: Mitch Wagers <wizard@telcentral.net>
>: To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
>: Subject: Re: Kickouts
>: Date: Saturday, March 01, 1997 6:18 PM
>:
>: Check your SHIVA configuration for TCP Header Compression. It cause this
>: problem if the user is using the opposite... We have had the same
>problems :)
>:
>
>In my Shiva I did chserver then tcp and this is what I have.
>

>Server TCP Characteristics:
>
>Admin Listener TCP Port : 23
>TCP Keep Alives : Enabled
>TCP Keep Alive Interval : 1 min
>Send Location : Disabled
>
>Admin:
>
>Users are instructed to check the "Use IP header compression" in win95 and
>I don't see any entry for the win31 people for this. Most are using the
>IE3.01 for Win3.1 from the IEAK kit. Some are using Trumpet.

Mitch Wagers wizard@telcentral.net
Director, Technical Services
TelCentral Internet