Re: Emerald, Portmaster2e and USR modems - 56k possible?

Allen Wisor ( Allen@nova1.net )
Wed, 28 May 1997 15:12:20 -0500

Chanelized TI has 64K per channel but 8K("D" Channel) is used for
signaling and only
leaves you with 56K a channel. A PRI does this but it also can use 1
64k channel("D" Channel) for signaling then the other 23 are 64K. And
even better
if you get ISDN_NFAS signaling that same "D" channel on the first PRI
to control the rest on the same physical piece of equipment. Providing
your local BELL will tarif it.

-- Allen WisorAllen@nova1.netNova Internet Services, Inc.Ph(214)904-9600 Fx(214)357-1431