Re: Upgrade from 1 cpu to 2 cpus

Joe Bissot ( sysop@pcinternet.com )
Thu, 15 May 1997 17:00:56 -0700

Wow was that a nightmare. For whatever reason I was living in blue screen
hell. I added the second CPU and everything came up (under the 1 cpu hal)
no problem. But once I tried changing to the 2 cpu hal everything went
berserk. After numerous attempted repairs, upgrades. hand patches etc. I
finally just tossed my hands up, promoted the bdc, reinstalled the machine
and relinked the data. Something I had loaded on my machine just killed the
multi processor hal. I haven't figured out what caused it yet. I would bet
it was some left over strand of some yesteryear program.

Now I'm off to get some books on SQL so I can install Emerald and try to
make a good go of it.