Re: Peculiar IIS behavior

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 5 May 1997 19:00:38 -0400

----------
From: SMPnet <jmcqueen@smpnet.com>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Re: Peculiar IIS behavior
Date: Monday, May 05, 1997 2:44 PM

This is not correct. The default for all sites root or virtual is
what you set it to. When you first install IIS it's default.htm.
You then change it for ALL sites by changing it in the IIS manager.
SMPnet
------------

I know. I had changed it from "default.htm" to "index.html" a few minutes
after installing IIS around 8 months ago... Either way, every directory on
the local drive/partition (including root) respond just fine when leaving
"index.html" off the URL. Only the root directory on the UNC listed share
(physically located on another machine) doesn't respond without putting
"index.html" at the end of the URL. All other directories on that system
do work fine without referencing the file, and permissions are the same
throughout all of the directories on that same partition.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com