Re: Serv-U

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 10 May 1997 14:47:42 -0700

David Kerr wrote:

> > The user's home dir is \\WEB\D$\InetPub\phonet\mandy. I caution
> > AGAINST using \\machine\d$ because its an administrator share and
> > requires administrative credentials to work.
>
> I changed the share.
>
> Doesn't the dll call these functions?

No. These are function INSIDE the DLL. Serv-U calls the function with
the parameters of what the user is doing, and the DLL replies.

> IF it wasn't in my log it didn't call them.

"it" is Serv-U in this case.

> How do these functions get called?

Serv-U loads the DLL and calls it based on user command.

> Does this dll add users to the Serv u program or is everything rebuilt
> every new session.

The DLL received the requests from serv-U, validates them from the
Emerald database, and returns a reply.

> IF its supposed to create the user, its not. If it is supposed to
> create the user in the serv-u.ini, its not happening.

Its not suppose to.

> If you could describe the flow in detail of how a user is created by
> your dll it would help i think.

This doesn't happen.