Re: Expire date

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 05 May 1997 11:50:13 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> > 2.1.11 had a bug where the extend was not being read from the DB, and so
> > the default extend was always 0. The admin was fine. The next version
> > will fix this.
>
> In Emerald Admin 2.1.0 / Config Client, Default Extend always reverts to 5,
> even after changing the value and saving.
>
> For the time being, I just occasionally run
>
> update MasterAccounts set OverDue = 7
> where OverDue = 0
> and Active = 1

This is fixed in the next Emerald release.

> But I can't use this feature anyway, because RadiusNT .60 doesn't support
> it (or there's a bug or something), and when I use .90 (which does work
> with this), RadiusNT .90 stops handling accounting records after an acct.
> record pops up trying to insert a "(null)" into the Calls.UserName column.
> So far, the only RadiusNT version that I've used that this occurs with is
> version .90 (never tried .80 or whatever version came out after .60). So,
> needless to say, I'm back to using .60 until that problem is fixed,
> therefor, can't use the Default Extend (Limit).
> I know that (1.19?) is due to be released soon--will this version fix the
> above mentioned problem in .90?

Actually RadiusNT 2.2 will be the next release. The problem with
1.16.90 is
that it correctly detects errors and doesn't ACK the accounting when
there is
an error. This is so that if RadiusNT lost its connectiont to SQL
Server,
couldn't insert, etc, the accounting packet is not lost. Now it DOES
know to ACK A duplicate from the database. We'll add some more smarts
handle bad accounting and ACK it, so that it doesn't stay around for
ever.