Re: Default Gateway

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 05 May 1997 11:40:51 -0700

Mark A. Knight wrote:

> I appear (ha) down to one last problem on the setup of my MAX 4000/Emerald/RadiusNT setup. I can get users dialed in, it authenticates, it performs accounting, it assigns dynamic IP addresses from the defined pool. Great. One problem. It assigns a default gateway that is the same as the dynamic IP address. Makes it kinda hard to get anywhere. Any suggestions on where I should look first?

Actually, thats correct. There isn't really such a thing
as "confgiurable default gateway" in a sole PPP setup. The Default
gateways IS the other side of the PPP link, or sometimes your
PPP address. In Win95/NT this is "Set As Default Gateway" in the
TCP/IP settings.

Can you ping the MAX? Is your pool in the same subnet as the Max's
ether address or different?