Re: MBR's

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:20:19 -0700

Ronnie D. Franklin wrote:
> I have several ways "around" the problem, but I was looking for a better
> answer... like "No sweat, we can track MBR's by the Active status".... The
> "Cancelled Accounts" is not really a good solution for what I want to do,
> but thanks for the suggestion.

The reason that is not a good choice from us is because you still have
full management control of the user, even if they are not active. This
you COULD still be using Emerald to do something (I don't know right
with the account. We could add a table for aging names if you are just
concerned about that. Most people want to keep customer information
incase they come back, challenge a billing, etc. That is a couple of

> As for "churn rate".. ours is less than 2%

Which is interested. Just from another point of view. If you are
that many customers that its becoming a hassle to deal with, then how
you survive in the ISP world? A churn rate above a couple of points is
going to drive your business insane. :(