Re: simples q's about Calls columns

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:15:16 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> I'm going to drop my existing (corrupt) Calls table and recreate it from
> scratch (THANKS, DALE FOR THE INFO), but before I do it, I need to add some
> columns to the insttabs.sql file to accomodate the additions by Ascend (Max
> 4004).
> I've got a couple simple questions about the Calls table's columns:
>
> 1. By default, when doing a query on the Calls table, the output is
> displayed in order by NASPort. Can this be changed to do it by
> CallDate, or would that cause problems/delays somewhere?

This I don't know about. The default order is the order the data was
INSERTED in. Thats typically calldate for me. A simple order by
should work as well:

Select * From Calls
Order By CallDate

> 2. I can change the default horizontal listing order of columns in
> this table without causing any problems, right?
> (NASIdentifier, NASPort, AcctSessionID, etc. --> CallDate,
> Username, Ascenddatarate, etc.)

Yes, thats fines. You can also just change your select order. Thats
simple
SQL:

Select NASIdentifier, NASPort, AcctSessionID, CallDate, Username,
AscendDateRate
From Calls
Order By NASIdentifier, NASPort

> 3. These columns have always had "(null)" in them. Can I "safely"
> eliminate these from the script before running it? What do
> they represent?
> UserService, LoginService, LoginHost, AcctTerminateCause,
> NASPortType, NASPortDNIS

Yes, that should be fine.