Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix SU_EMER.DLL!

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 14:49:50 -0500

At 11:42 AM 4/1/97 -0800, you wrote:

>I'll respond to your other post in a second. One word of advice I can
>give to people who have remote machines:
>
>TURN OF DR. WATSON VISUAL NOTIFICATION

Won't the app still GPF and terminate? I just won't see it on the screen,
right?

>After setting the above, when a program crashes, it just crashses.
>No VISUAL (click ok) notification is giving. If the program was
>running as a service, you can now restart the service from remote.

Uh, SERV-U doesn't run as an NT service, and I can't restart a thing from
remote, since the machine has multiple IP's and Symantec refuses to support
multiple IP's for pcAnywhere. RAS is not an option as the machine is
already laden enough, and I don't have a CLUE about RAS, and don't have a
phone line to spare for this in the first place. So all this does is turn
off the only VISUAL notification I have, which I need. I *still* have to
come into the office to restart the app.

Again, Dale, I'm willing to work with you in whatever capacity you need to
help track it down. I've finished charting who and when it happens to,
and it is not related to the user, or to the client in use. Both CuteFTP
and WS_FTP32 LE have been demonstrated by two different users (one Mac, on
Win95) to cause crashes, but NOT every attempt by each of those users. Pot
luck.