Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix SU_EMER.DLL!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 11:42:49 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Jeff Woods wrote:

> The machine is NOT locked up. Just GPF'd on screen. I have to travel 15
> minutes to click an OK button and to restart the app. But the rest of the
> machine continues on without a worry.

I'll respond to your other post in a second. One word of advice I can
give to people who have remote machines:

TURN OF DR. WATSON VISUAL NOTIFICATION

There, with that said, lets see how to do it:

1. Open Regedt32.

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DrWatson

3. If the key above doesn't exist, create it.

4. If you do not have a VisualNotification value under the above key
create it, type REG_DWORD, and set the value to 0.

There are many other Dr. Watson settings you can change, although
I won't get into them.

After setting the above, when a program crashes, it just crashses.
No VISUAL (click ok) notification is giving. If the program was
running as a service, you can now restart the service from remote.

Dale