Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix SU_EMER.DLL!

Robert Boyle ( robert@garden.net )
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 15:12:29 -0500

At 02:49 PM 4/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Won't the app still GPF and terminate? I just won't see it on the screen,
>right?

That's right, but as a _temporary_ work around, use a monitoring program
that will check your ftp server every 5 minutes and if there isn't any
response it will run a:

net \\machine start "SERV-U FTP Service" (or whatever the correct syntax is)

>Uh, SERV-U doesn't run as an NT service, and I can't restart a thing from

Use Servany.exe in the resouce kit OR there is another version called
autoexnt or something like that.

>remote, since the machine has multiple IP's and Symantec refuses to support
>multiple IP's for pcAnywhere. RAS is not an option as the machine is

You CAN use PCAnywhere, but you must connect to the HIGHEST ip address,
since for some reason that is what PCA binds to. I hope this helps short
term. The CORRECT solution would be a reliable dll.

-Robert

Robert Boyle - Engineer robert@garden.net WAN/Intranet/Internet Services
Garden Networks: New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
50 Diller Ave. / Newton, NJ 07860 (201)300-9211 10AM-5PM EST
28 Route 46 West / Pine Brook, NJ 07058 (201) 808-5558 10AM-7PM EST
http://www.garden.net Automatic Response: info@garden.net