Re: Frustrating calls table problems....

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:12:27 -0500

At 10:53 AM 3/18/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Hey guys, relax. I use a Computone Intelliserver with a time server, and
>have no problems with unique IDs. Just install one on your primary RADIUS
>server, and reboot the Computone. All will be well.

I must apologize for my intense frustration and the negative and terse
attitude that this has caused in me recently. This is not normal for me, I
assure you. We recently had a user who would LOCK UP this CompuTone
merely by logging on. It took us a LONG time to isolate which user it was
because the accounting wasn't working at all, and I and my coworkers have
been paged at all hours of the night for the past few days, several times a
night, while we scrambled to figure out what it was. CompuTone still
doesn't know (or believe) that a single user logging on could lock up the
entire unit, but cancelling that user's account solved the problem. (When
we finally got minimal accounting working by clearing the calls table, it
became clear that he was ALWAYS the last user to log on before a crash).

>This is the time server I use:
>
>UniTime v2.1

I have a time synchronizer running on our RADIUS machine, as recommended
here earlier. It is Dimension 4, v4.1, getting its data from
tock.usno.navy.mil. Adding this software to the RADIUS server has not
altered the format of the Session ID's in the power rack. It's still just
NN.P.S as documented in the PowerRack docs. I'd really like to know how
this can be avoided, as this past week has been amazingly frustrating.

Dale, I do hope they find someone to help you out there, both on coding and
good docs. You are very overworked, and have to put up with a lot of guff
from us users. I know, been there, done that. ;-) Again, my apologies.

Marc, can you tell us how you got that additional number in there in the
session ID? Thanks!