Re: On-Line Tab

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:14:34 -0800

Jeff Woods wrote:

> At 12:35 PM 3/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >In 2.0.8 and higer there is a clear button on the on-line screen. Just
> >select the line, and click clear. Much easier than running those
> >scripts. :)
>
> Dale, this doesn't always work. We're running Computone PowerRacks, and
> have found that the Online table will NOT work on its own. It needs *help*
> from an external event, telnetting into the NAS and issuing the command to
> see who is online (whodo). If we do that once every hour or so, the online
> table works quite nicely. If we DON'T, then we get frozen users online for
> days, and using the "Clear" button results in "unable to clear" or some such.

There were some problems with it in 2.0.80 or so. The clear should be
working
fine in 2.0.88 (I missed the second 8 above).

If what you are saying about the Computone is correct, it sounds like
something
is broke or messed up in it. I don't know why the NAS would need you to
manuall "poke" it to work. I have seen sites with over 1000 ports
(Portmasters
and MAXes) that have less than one "stuck" user a day. Even if the user
gets stcuk, the new user to log into that port will clear it out.