Re: Emerald Billing

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 04 Mar 1997 14:45:16 -0800

Duane Schaub wrote:

> I have an occasional problem with new users. Sometimes, I need to bill for
> a couple of months in the past when I set up a new account.
>
> If I create a account with a paid thru and expire date two months back, and
> then invoice... I only get one invoice for two months ago. No further
> invoice is generated until the old one is paid.

After Creating the account, create a charge for the Back amount. Then
the charged will be applied to their first invoice. Don't futs with
the expire date. :)

> There is no way to send late notices on past due account for large
> customers that you don't want to just shut off.

We are working on this. 2.0.88 has some aging in the payments tab, and
we will be allowing reporting and charges to be applied to this.

> I need to be able to search for and reprint groups of invoices on occasion.
> Example: Printing 200 invoices and printer "blows Chunks". Now, what
> where the invoices that were lost? You would NEVER find them. Need a
> search by due date and print date.

I'll see about adding some additional fields. I just had a thought
on how to do it. :)

> I need to be able to control the Crystal Report Viewer when printing
> invoices. Currently, you can't do anything until you tell Emerald whether
> or not to mark the invoices as sent. I don't know if I want to, because I
> cannot see them.

The prompt shouldn't be system modal, although it looks like it is. You
should
be able to finish with the CR print window...

> Dale, could you try to work with Seagate to get a resolution to the CR 5
> bugs? I would like to use some of 5.0's new features, but the invoice
> thing (different accounts on the top and bottom of the invoice) is
> hampering my efforts.

There work around, since they couldn't see the problem happen, is
a formula based thing. I will see if I can get on the phone with them
and work on it.

> How's the line usage report coming? Would like to group NAS's from a
> common POP so that I could judge overall line usage.

Slow. :( Its not an easy report to put together and is very intense on
the SQL Server. I'm trying different things to see what is the best
approach.