Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:42:43 -0800

Ryan Smith wrote:
> Hmmm.. Okay, I can log into my terminal server using PMCONSOLE. The
> password that I give there is IDENTICAL to the password that I have in
> Radius Administrator.. I've verified umpteen times, even cut and paste it..
> I can log in fine to PMCONSOLE using that password and the
> IP address, but when I put both of them into Emerald Admin -> Radius ->
> Servers, my users won't authenticate through ODBC.. <sigh>

Those are NOT the same thing! Your RADIUS secret and thge !root
are different.

Telnet to your PM, and do a "set secret xxxxxx" and make sure xxxxxx is
in Emerald admin for that box as well.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  | Mailing list (