Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..

Ryan Smith ( (no email) )
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 17:13:17 -0500

> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <>
> Subject: Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..
> Date: Saturday, February 22, 1997 4:42 PM
> Ryan Smith wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm.. Okay, I can log into my terminal server using PMCONSOLE. The
> > password that I give there is IDENTICAL to the password that I have in
> > Radius Administrator.. I've verified umpteen times, even cut and paste
> > I can log in fine to PMCONSOLE using that password and the
> > IP address, but when I put both of them into Emerald Admin -> Radius ->
> > Servers, my users won't authenticate through ODBC.. <sigh>
> Those are NOT the same thing! Your RADIUS secret and thge !root
> password
> are different.
> Telnet to your PM, and do a "set secret xxxxxx" and make sure xxxxxx is
> in Emerald admin for that box as well.
> --
> Dale E. Reed Jr. (

Well.. I guess one word can easily sum this up..

Heh.. Thanks! It's working now.. Of course.. <G>

Now I just have to see how to get the rest of SQL installed 100%
successfully.. haha.. I have heard some tips/tricks on the SQL Newsgroup
from MS that I need to try to install NetBEUI, and perhaps the ms adapter
loopback and then reinstall..

Thanks again Dale, and I'll let you know how "the rest" goes..

Ryan Smith