Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:23:33 -0800

Ross James wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear if you get it going. We found with a Max4000
> that we got really unreliable logins - say 9 out of 10 not authenticated,
> and then on the 10th they would get in. Drove everybody nuts...so we went
> back to the flat file, using det2odbc to get the detail into the database.

Did you look at your timeouts on the MAX? Some people have
one second auth timeouts for RADIUS and it causes the above to
happen. I'd be intersted to see the debug from RadiusNT while the
above is happening to see if its ACKing the request and what ITS
response times are. I know of several sites running about 10
MAX 4000s between a coupld RadiusNT servers without a problem.
You also need to have a decent SQL Server to handle the load
as well (Nice big Alpha box).