Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..

Ryan Smith ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:20:06 -0500

----------
> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea.com>
> To: emerald@iea.com
> Subject: Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..
> Date: Friday, February 21, 1997 2:57 PM
>
> Ryan Smith wrote:
> >
> > After our recent fiasco here with SQL Server not installing fully, we
left
> > it as is, halfway installed but working. <sigh> It's very evident it's
not
> > 100% installed because when I run setup from the MSSQL dir, the only
> > options I can choose are top left three, install SQL, upgrade SQL, and
> > install utils. All the other options are grayed out. Anyway, I'll deal
with
> > that in a later message.
> >
> > I'm having the same problem Tim is, but on a PM2E. I *DO* have CHAP
turned
> > off already, verified it just now, and I rebuilt the Emerald database,
and
> > am trying to get a few "test" users in and running again instead of
using
> > Radius in text mode.. Whenever any user logs in, it says user not
found.
> > Even if the user is in the Radius users file, and i'm running in mode
2,
> > which seems odd to me. It's like, because the user is in ODBC, and it
FINDS
> > the user, it just won't authenticate it. Then because it FINDS the user
in
> > ODBC, it won't search for the user in the users file. So, I'm forced to
run
> > radius in mode 0 for a while until I get this one figured out..
>
> Run RadiusNT 1.16.60 in -x15 -b on the command line. Then auth the
> user. What
> does RadiusNT show for the decrypted password and the database
> password? The
> only other thing I can think of is to check the active flags on the
> account.
> Paste the authentication debug to me in email or here and I'll see what
> I can come up with.
>
> --
> Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)

Okay, running Radius -x15 -b on command line.. Here's the paste..

----------------
radrecv: Request from host c7e79210 code=1, id=70, length=63
User-Name = "ryans"
Password = "!\261\372\207\260\235k\027p\030\^\002G\326M"
NAS-Identifier = 199.231.146.16
NAS-Port = 1
NAS-Port-Type = Async
rad_authenticate_ODBC()
Password = "!\261\372\207\260\235k\027p\030\^\002G\326M"
Decrypted Password: =Ρθο?B+¦5‘?2-+€?
Allocating Statement...

SQL Statement: Select DateAdd(Day, ma.extension, maExpireDate),
DateAdd(Day, sa
..extension, saExpireDate), sa.AccountID, sa.AccountType, sa.Password,
sa.Login,
sa.Shell From MasterAccounts ma, SubAccounts sa Where (sa.Login='ryans' or
sa.Sh
ell='ryans') AND ma.CustomerID=sa.CustomerID and sa.Active<>0 and
ma.Active<>0

Database Password: slayer
Freeing SQL Statement...
LOG: User: ryans Not found

User: ryans Not found
Sending Reject of id 70 to c7e79210 (pm1.logic-net.com)

Response Time: 71

That's a full page, and it just repeats it 4 or 5 times every attempt...
The Decrypted passwod isn't really the ascii garbage like that, it just
showed up like that in the radius screen.. Not sure why though..

Ryan Smith
ryans@logic-net.com
http://www.logic-net.com