Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:57:17 -0800

Ryan Smith wrote:

> After our recent fiasco here with SQL Server not installing fully, we left
> it as is, halfway installed but working. <sigh> It's very evident it's not
> 100% installed because when I run setup from the MSSQL dir, the only
> options I can choose are top left three, install SQL, upgrade SQL, and
> install utils. All the other options are grayed out. Anyway, I'll deal with
> that in a later message.
>
> I'm having the same problem Tim is, but on a PM2E. I *DO* have CHAP turned
> off already, verified it just now, and I rebuilt the Emerald database, and
> am trying to get a few "test" users in and running again instead of using
> Radius in text mode.. Whenever any user logs in, it says user not found.
> Even if the user is in the Radius users file, and i'm running in mode 2,
> which seems odd to me. It's like, because the user is in ODBC, and it FINDS
> the user, it just won't authenticate it. Then because it FINDS the user in
> ODBC, it won't search for the user in the users file. So, I'm forced to run
> radius in mode 0 for a while until I get this one figured out..

Run RadiusNT 1.16.60 in -x15 -b on the command line. Then auth the
user. What
does RadiusNT show for the decrypted password and the database
password? The
only other thing I can think of is to check the active flags on the
account.
Paste the authentication debug to me in email or here and I'll see what
I can come up with.