Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..

Ryan Smith ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:44:45 -0500

----------
> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea.com>
> To: emerald@iea.com
> Subject: Re: Emerald Won't Authenticate..
> Date: Friday, February 21, 1997 3:20 AM
>
> Tim Jespersen wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this:
> >
> > We have emerald up and running just fine as far as I can tell and are
> > running RadiusNT .60.. If you do a radlogin with a user name that is in
> > the ODBC database, it reports back as working fine.. But, if you login
> > through our Max 4000, it says the user name is not found? But, if I
log
> > in to the max as a user that is not in the database, but rather just in
> > the radius users file, it works fine.. So basically I cannot login
> > remotely using the ODBC connection, yet radlogin says it works..
>
> Turn CHAP off in the MAX and it will work fine. We are working
> on fixing the problem with CHAP and ODBC.
>

> --

Dale,

After our recent fiasco here with SQL Server not installing fully, we left
it as is, halfway installed but working. <sigh> It's very evident it's not
100% installed because when I run setup from the MSSQL dir, the only
options I can choose are top left three, install SQL, upgrade SQL, and
install utils. All the other options are grayed out. Anyway, I'll deal with
that in a later message.

I'm having the same problem Tim is, but on a PM2E. I *DO* have CHAP turned
off already, verified it just now, and I rebuilt the Emerald database, and
am trying to get a few "test" users in and running again instead of using
Radius in text mode.. Whenever any user logs in, it says user not found.
Even if the user is in the Radius users file, and i'm running in mode 2,
which seems odd to me. It's like, because the user is in ODBC, and it FINDS
the user, it just won't authenticate it. Then because it FINDS the user in
ODBC, it won't search for the user in the users file. So, I'm forced to run
radius in mode 0 for a while until I get this one figured out..

Any suggestions?

Ryan Smith
ryans@logic-net.com
http://www.logic-net.com