Re: [Emerald] Why you should never pay money for emerald support!

Admin ( (no email) )
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:35:29 -0500

Your not the only one. We have had the same problems. We just hope that
nothing breaks or changes. We have too beg and try many calls to get even a
answer.
It is also why we have not updated anything(emerald, radiunt) for fear of
tech support.
Try finding anything useful on their web site too.

Admin
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hale" <mhale@TOUA.net>
To: <emerald@iea-software.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 1:18 PM
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Why you should never pay money for emerald support!

You are absolutely right that the tech support should not do my database
admin or network admin. What I think you misread in my email is that I
was TOLD by emerald that my calls table would not work and I was not
offered another solution. I don't think I should have to beg on the
phone to get a work around. I was not told about the SNMP concurrency
check until I repeatedly called to follow up with the problem. This is
NOT good tech support. The problem turned out to be with radius and
irrelevant to the SNMP checks and if I'm not mistaken radius is a
product that IEA should support. However I received zero support on it.

I'm glad you have had some good experiences. Mine on the other hand have
been terrible. I don't call iea's tech support much but every time I
have they have not helped me. I end up troubleshooting on my own just
like I would if I didn't have a support contract.

Michael Hale
Network Engineer TOUA.net
phone: 520-383-5849
fax: 520-383-2218