Re: [NTISP] Your opinion on setting up some servers..

Brent Sheppard (brent@xanatek.com)
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 19:08:42 -0500

Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 19:08:42 -0500
From: Brent Sheppard <brent@xanatek.com>
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Your opinion on setting up some servers..

Thanks for your opinion. I am aware that this is a MS list. I have monitored
it for several years. But I am guessing by the lack of activity that many have
either figured all of MS bugs.. (ha ha ) or have sought alternatives due to the
many issues with MS, or better yet are just plain tired of patches needed to be
loaded once a week for security canyon's as hole would be understating the
situation. I used to own and run a MS based isp. I sold it over 1 1/2 years
ago and have lost touch with many of the "new" things in the internet hosting
world. We are currently running all our things on linux which is nice, but VERY
hard to work with unless you spend copious amounts of time trying to learn the
system. I am looking for something that does not require as much time to
configure...

Brent