Re: [NTISP] Your opinion on setting up some servers..

David Payer (david.payer@ia-omni.com)
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:21:28 -0500

From: "David Payer" <david.payer@ia-omni.com>
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Your opinion on setting up some servers..
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:21:28 -0500

Well, you could easily do all this with Small Business Server but if you
want NON-microsoft stuff (this IS a MS oriented list BTW) you can install
the following on Win98

Apache web server (no ASP / Frontpage extensions) with PHP and ModPerl

Email - well, do you want cheap or expensive (little functions vs. many good
functions) cheap: (<$100) http://www.argosoft.com/applications/mailserver/

good: www.vircom.com (approx $1000)

Proxy: cheap: http://nat32.com nat/proxy/router $50

Go for it.