RE: [Emerald] PrePaid Internet

Jason Newland (newlandj@areatech.com)
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:12:16 -0800

From: "Jason Newland" <newlandj@areatech.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] PrePaid Internet
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:12:16 -0800

Wouldn't an ordinary renewal account work? You would create a cd that
has a dial account on it (call it "prepay"). Set this account to a 5
minute disconnect time. The user picks up or buys a cd from the store,
gas station, or whatever, and then autoruns the CD. It creates an
account, and then dials up to Emerald. Once auth'ed, the user is
displayed the signup server, and enters his/her information. Emerald
then creates an account that is renewal, and then downloads an active
script (IEAK) that deletes their dial up information, and then recreates
a new dial-up connection with their information.

At the end of their signup term, Emerald will generate and
invoice(statement) for their next period of time.

Jason