Re: [Emerald] Radius dupes

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:27:37 -0800

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:27:37 -0800
From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Radius dupes

Emerald wrote:

> Running radius 2.5.214
>
> I'm getting exact duplicate entries in my calls table, for example the same
> session ID exists 4 times in a row for one call and the whole call record is
> identical for these 4 entries.
>
> I'm trying to track down the cause but what I need is a way to find these
> dupes and isolate them from the other calls so I can see if there is a
> pattern.

The only time I usually see this is when the Accounting
delay time is set to something really low (like 1) and you
have some times when RadiusNT can't respond fast enough. RadiusNT
will save the record, but by the time its ACK gets back to the NAS,
the NAS is re-sending the packet. See if Acct-Delay-Time is the
same for the records. Also, if using an Ascend, do NOT list
the same RadiusNT server for all three servers.

> Here is what I tried that didn't work
>
> select AcctSessionID, count(AcctSessionID), CallDate from calls
> where count(AcctSessionID)>1
> Order by DESC count(AcctSessionID), Calldate
>
> I understand why this doesn't work but I'm clueless as to how to do it, can
> anyone give me a clue?

You probably want something like this:

Select AcctSessionID, CallDate, Count(AcctSessionID)
 From Calls
Group By AcctSessionID, CallDate
Having count(AcctSessionID) > 1
Order By AcctSessionID, CallDate

Remember, AcctSessionID alone is NOT unique. It has to be
combined with the NAS-Identifier and Acct-Status-Type before
uniqueness can be assumed.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X __________________________________________ IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com

.