Re: [Emerald] I-Mail from Local to External

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:54:40 -0800

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] I-Mail from Local to External
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:54:40 -0800

> Has anyone done this before with Emerald 4 or even 2.5? If so, how did it
> differ from a "new" setup and what precautions did you take?

The only real precaution is making sure all your IMail users are in Emerald.
As long as your home dirs and such are the same, the users won't see
anything different between the two. Once you flip the switch, its Emerald
users only.

Definately test the configuration with another domain to make sure you
have all the Emerald side (like External Systems, Service Types, Etc)
setup right. You can set the first alias, table name, and DSN name to
a domain in Emerald to test the connectivity, even if IMail is configured
for a different domain name.

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X
IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com

.