[Emerald] I-Mail from Local to External

Seth Crimmins (Seth.Crimmins@wtn.Westelcom.com)
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:17:57 -0500

From: Seth Crimmins <Seth.Crimmins@wtn.Westelcom.com>
Subject: [Emerald] I-Mail from Local to External
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:17:57 -0500

I currently have thousands of accounts in I-Mail 6.x running on I-Mail's
local database. I am looking to convert to External authentication and use
the EmerAuth DLL with Emerald 4. I am well practiced in setting up this
scenario with a "new" I-Mail domain, but converting thousands sounds tricky.

I have no problems making sure that ALL I-Mail usernames exist as Emerald
SubAccounts, as a preliminary step.

Has anyone done this before with Emerald 4 or even 2.5? If so, how did it
differ from a "new" setup and what precautions did you take?

Thank you.

Seth Crimmins
Supervisor of Internet Operations
Western Region
Westelcom Family of Companies

"We will exceed our customers' expectations in providing competitively
priced, superior quality, state-of-the-art communications and information
services."
.