Re: [Emerald] Migration issues

Steve Barnes (steve@isys.ca)
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:23:30 -0800

From: "Steve Barnes" <steve@isys.ca>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Migration issues
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:23:30 -0800

> to create the adjustments directly through E4, it throws a SQL statement
> error (Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ChargeID', table
> 'dbo.Charges'). Additionally, none of the charge types that I've defined

        That ChargeID is an IDENTITY column, and should be left out of the
        insert statement. Are you getting this error in the UI or when trying
        to created charges outside of Emerald?

This error is being thrown by E4 proper running through the browser (see
below)

> appear in the list,just what appears to be a 'canned' Custom, DNS
> Registration & Activation Fee entries for charge type dropdown).

        What are you setting the SortOrder to? Items with a SortOrder of 255
        are not shown (that SortOrder is reserved for ones not to show, like set
        up charged).

I tried many unused values from 255 - 0, all throw the following error.
(Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SortOrder', table
'dbo.ChargeTypes').

> Thinking I've errored in the creation of the charge types, I attempted to
> add charge types directly through E4, this results in another SQL error
> (Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SortOrder', table
> 'dbo.ChargeTypes'). I've looked up an undefined sort order value with no
> luck. Is this a bug in E4?

        What database type are you using? (MS SQL or Sybase)? It sounds like
        there could be something wrong with the DB. How did you create it?

MS SQL2K SP2, all tables were created by E4 with no errors. All data
imported by standalone stored proc with full transaction processing and
logging (no errors). E4 works appears to operate normally (still in the
testing phase).

-Steve

.