[Emerald] Migration issues

Steve Barnes (steve@isys.ca)
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:07:14 -0800

From: "Steve Barnes" <steve@isys.ca>
Subject: [Emerald] Migration issues
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:07:14 -0800

I am currently in the process of upgrading a propietary client billing
system to Emerald 4. To this end, I've successfully moved all user data,
with MBRs/Subs, Services, Charges and Rates as well as the supporting
tables. However I'm wondering if anybody can shed any light on a few issues
still on my to do list:

1: How to properly handle negative balances so that when payment is made
their is something to bill against. To this end, I thought that creating a
one time 'Adjustment', basically, a balance forward. I can move the balances
and populate the appropriate tables, but E4 doesn't 'see' them. If I attempt
to create the adjustments directly through E4, it throws a SQL statement
error (Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ChargeID', table
'dbo.Charges'). Additionally, none of the charge types that I've defined
appear in the list,just what appears to be a 'canned' Custom, DNS
Registration & Activation Fee entries for charge type dropdown).

Thinking I've errored in the creation of the charge types, I attempted to
add charge types directly through E4, this results in another SQL error
(Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SortOrder', table
'dbo.ChargeTypes'). I've looked up an undefined sort order value with no
luck. Is this a bug in E4?

-Steve

.