[RadiusNT] DNIS data collection with PM3 and AS5200

Greg White (GWhite@bctelco.com)
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:29:46 -0800

From: Greg White <GWhite@bctelco.com>
Subject: [RadiusNT] DNIS data collection with PM3 and AS5200
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:29:46 -0800

Hello,

We are in the process of setting up an 800 number for roaming access. We
will be charging for use of this number by the minute, and the 800 number
will simply point to our existing modem pool. So, we want to collect DNIS
info in our calls table for tracking and billing purposes. I have added the
column NASPortDNIS of type varchar(12) to the Calls table and restarted
RadiusNT in debug mode. The debug output indicates that it is sees the new
column. However, when calls come in and Radius inserts call records into
the Calls table, it isn't even attempting to insert anything in the
NASPortDNIS column.

Is this a RadiusNT issue, or is it simply ignoring this column because it
isn't receiving DNIS information from the NAS?

We are running RadiusNT 3.0.147. We have a mix of terminal servers. Two
are Cisco AS5200s running IOS 11.3(10)T. The third is a PM3. All of the
terminal servers are served by channelized T1 circuits. I haven't done
anything to specifically tell the terminal servers to forward DNIS
information. Can anyone give some guidance in this area? I know that the
AS5200 is receiving the DNIS info because the digits appear in the debug
output. I don't know about the PM3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg White