[Emerald] Emerald Transaction Log full!!

Scottie Arnett (sarnett@info-ed.com)
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:30:01 -0600

From: "Scottie Arnett" <sarnett@info-ed.com>
Subject: [Emerald] Emerald Transaction Log full!!
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:30:01 -0600

Dale or anyone,

I am using Emerald 2.5.339 and SQL 6.5 with latest service pak.
The following is the results of when I run checkDB. My transaction log
(200MB) is full in my Emerald database, so I deleted all of the start
records in a step-to-step fasion so as to not fill up the transaction log
anymore. I ran the checkDB as Dale had suggested in a post in the archives.
Here is the result I am getting:

SQL Server connection timed out.
Checking Emerald
Checking 1
The total number of data pages in this table is 44.
Table has 546 data rows.
Checking 2
The total number of data pages in this table is 18.
Table has 192 data rows.
Checking 3
The total number of data pages in this table is 44.
Table has 1025 data rows.
Checking 4
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 26 data rows.
Checking 5
The total number of data pages in this table is 594.
Table has 2340 data rows.
Checking 6
The total number of data pages in this table is 56.
Table has 387 data rows.
Checking 7
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 3 data rows.
Checking 8
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
*** NOTICE: Space used on the log segment is 0.00 Mbytes, 0.00.
*** NOTICE: Space free on the log segment is 204.80 Mbytes, 100.00.
Table has 20 data rows.
Checking 9
The total number of data pages in this table is 32.
Table has 1952 data rows.
Checking 10
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 7 data rows.
Checking 11
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 12
The total number of data pages in this table is 4.
Table has 166 data rows.
Checking 13
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 14
The total number of data pages in this table is 4.
Table has 88 data rows.
Checking 15
The total number of data pages in this table is 9.
Table has 385 data rows.
Checking 16
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 17
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 18
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 16003088
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 2 data rows.
Checking 21575115
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 28527135
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 5 data rows.
Checking 82099333
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 96003373
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 2 data rows.
Checking 101575400
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 25 data rows.
Checking 124527477
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 2 data rows.
Checking 153051581
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 5 data rows.
Checking 204527762
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 224003829
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 2 data rows.
Checking 249051923
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 272004000
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 3 data rows.
Checking 284528047
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 1 data rows.
Checking 332528218
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 373576369
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 400004456
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 425052550
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 448004627
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 453576654
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 45 data rows.
Checking 460528674
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 14 data rows.
Checking 512004855
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 2 data rows.
Checking 540528959
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
The total number of TEXT/IMAGE pages in this table is 2.
Table has 2 data rows.
Checking 549576996
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 10 data rows.
Checking 553053006
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 2 data rows.
Checking 597577167
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 1 data rows.
Checking 645577338
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 20 data rows.
Checking 672005425
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 2 data rows.
Checking 697053519
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 16 data rows.
Checking 700529529
The total number of data pages in this table is 5.
Table has 97 data rows.
Checking 725577623
The total number of data pages in this table is 83.
Table has 1859 data rows.
Checking 768005767
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 6 data rows.
Checking 841054032
The total number of data pages in this table is 42.
Table has 468 data rows.
Checking 869578136
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 880006166
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 11 data rows.
Checking 933578364
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 3 data rows.
Checking 940530384
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Table has 6 data rows.
Checking 1052530783
The total number of data pages in this table is 1.
Checking 1097054944
The total number of data pages in this table is 18.
Table has 351 data rows.
Checking 1116531011
The total number of data pages in this table is 5656.
Table has 42914 data rows.
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, see your System
Administrator.
DBCC CheckDB

---------------

DBCC UPDATEUSAGE: Sysindexes row for Table 'Operators' (IndexId=1) updated:
        USED Pages: Changed from (4) to (5) pages
DBCC UPDATEUSAGE: Sysindexes row for Table 'InvoiceItems' (IndexId=2)
updated:
        RSVD Pages: Changed from (16) to (8) pages
DBCC UPDATEUSAGE: Sysindexes row for Table 'InvoiceItems' (IndexId=1)
updated:
        RSVD Pages: Changed from (72) to (64) pages
DBCC UPDATEUSAGE: Sysindexes row for Table 'Calls' (IndexId=5) updated:
        USED Pages: Changed from (371) to (372) pages
DBCC UPDATEUSAGE: Sysindexes row for Table 'Calls' (IndexId=4) updated:
        RSVD Pages: Changed from (1641) to (1633) pages
DBCC UPDATEUSAGE: Sysindexes row for Table 'Calls' (IndexId=2) updated:
        USED Pages: Changed from (847) to (849) pages
DBCC UPDATEUSAGE: Sysindexes row for Table 'Calls' (IndexId=1) updated:
        RSVD Pages: Changed from (11945) to (11937) pages
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, see your System
Administrator.
Table named Credits not found; check Sysobjects
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, see your System
Administrator.
DBCC CheckIdent(Credits)

---------------

Updating RATES
Updating OBJECTS
Updating PAYMENTTYPES
Updating IMAILCONFIGS
Updating EXTERNALSYSTEMS
Updating OPERATORGROUPACCESS
Updating MAILITEMS
Updating INCIDENTTYPES
Updating CLASSES
Updating DOMAINS
Updating INCIDENTS
Updating GROUPS
Updating RADROAMSERVERS
Updating RADROAMDOMAINS
Updating GROUPACCESS
Updating DNISGROUPS
Updating ACTIONS
Updating DNISNUMBERS
Updating CONFIGS
Updating SERVERTYPES
Updating BILLINGCYCLES
Updating SERVERS
Updating CONFIGVALUES
Updating RADCONFIGS
Updating LISCENSES
Updating RADLOGMSGS
Updating TAXES
Updating RADATCONFIGS
Updating SERVERPORTS
Updating RADLOGS
Updating CHARGETYPES
Updating INVOICES
Updating LOGS
Updating ACCOUNTTYPES
Updating EXTERNALTRANS
Updating PAYPERIODS
Updating CLASSDATES
Updating PAYMENTS
Updating CALLS
Updating RADVENDORS
Updating BANKTRANS
Updating RADATTRIBUTES
Updating RADTRIGGERS
Updating TRAFFIC
Updating SCRIPTS
Updating INVOICEITEMS
Updating NAMETRANS
Updating RADVALUES
Updating MASTERACCOUNTS
Updating SCRIPTMAPS
Updating CALLHISTORY
Updating SYSTEMTYPES
Updating CHARGES
Updating REFERREDBYS
Updating ALIASES
Updating SALESPERSONS
Updating INVOICETYPES
Updating FORWARDS
Updating MAIL
Updating REGIONS
Updating TIMEUSAGES
Updating MASTERACCOUNTDATATYPES
Updating MASTERACCOUNTDATA
Updating REPORTS
Updating TIMELIMITS
Updating SUBACCOUNTS
Updating DISCOUNTS
Updating SUBACCOUNTDATATYPES
Updating OPERATORS
Updating SUBACCOUNTDATA
Updating MODEMSPEEDS
Updating OPERATORGROUPS
Updating WINDOWS
Updating NETSOFTWARES
Updating WINDOWOBJECTS
Updating SERVERACCESS
Updating PAYMETHODS
Updating ONLINESIGNUPS
Updating RADREJECTS
Updating OBJECTGROUPS

************* NO MORE TABLES *************

Statistics have been updated for all tables.

--------------This part is really confusing me:

*** NOTICE: Space used on the log segment is 0.00 Mbytes, 0.00.
*** NOTICE: Space free on the log segment is 204.80 Mbytes, 100.00.

When I check the database in SQL Executive, it still shows that it is using
the full 200MB even after I have it recalculate.

Also, this one is of interest:
Table named Credits not found; check Sysobjects
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, see your System
Administrator.
DBCC CheckIdent(Credits)

Questions:

1. What do I need to do to get my database transaction log smaller? It is
causing my users to not be able to log on.

2. Am I supposed to have a table called credits in my DB?

Any suggestions or criticisms welcome......

Sincerely,
Scottie Arnett
President
Info-Ed, Inc.

615-699-3049
http://www.info-ed.com

Most Internet Service Providers Rock....This one ROARS!!! Watch for us!

.