[Emerald] UpdateCalls.sql

Ken Sorenson (ksoren@tsi-online.com)
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:20:54 -0600

From: "Ken Sorenson" <ksoren@tsi-online.com>
Subject: [Emerald] UpdateCalls.sql
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:20:54 -0600

I have recently discovered that my updatecalls process has not been working
properly. It appears that it has not been run properly for a couple of
months. When I manually attempt it from within EmeraldAdmin , It would count
2300 records, then time out after processing perhaps 25-50. I added memory
and diskspace, and dataspace, and ran the query from MSSQL.. It has been
running for over 3 days now- 5251 minutes 2800 records!. This seems
outrageous. I realize it is not a powerhouse of a machine- but I cant
believe it is processing so slow. I am not sure I want to stop it, as I do
not want to start over. Anyone make any recommendations to checkout config
wise?

The machine is a PII333, SCSI2 Disk 196mb ram..

I have a SQL7 box ready to change over too- would it make sense to bail and
process after the move?

Thanks!

Ken