[Emerald] Emerald .337

Ronnie Franklin (ronnie@itexas.net)
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:23:31 -0500

From: "Ronnie Franklin" <ronnie@itexas.net>
Subject: [Emerald] Emerald .337
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:23:31 -0500

We just started offering DSL service and have a ton of customers who had
paid for 6 or 12 months of modem dialup that switched to DSL. I thought the
billing was going to be simple, but a problem with Emerald is creating many
more problems!!

Example...

A customer has paid for dialup modem service until 3/1/2001. I change his
modem dialup to DSL on 10/1/00. He is due say $80.00 credit from the modem
dialup, so I create a new adjustment with a credit of $80.00. Then I change
his Expire date, Paid Thru date, and Bill Thru date ALL to 10/1/00. Next, I
change his pay period to monthly, then I Invoice Next Term.. Invoice looks
fine, no problems, dates are correct, credit is correct, and total is
correct...

BUT... when I PAY the invoice.. Emerald advances the Paid Thru, Expire Date
ALL TO the Original Paid Thru/Expire Date!!!!

Now I have MANY customers that I must keep track of each month so they are
not getting free service!!!

Please advise ASAP!!

.