RE: [NTISP] POP3 Quotas and Message Size policies....

Garcia Melga Pablo ( pablo.garcia@xlnet.com.ar )
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:56:22 -0300

I can speak for my country, the average here is 5 Megs, but as you want to
do, we give 20 Megs of disk quotta and we send a warning when it reachs 18
Mb. but we also provide IMAP4 mailboxes.
This is for the main account (we provide 6 mailboxes on our flat rate, 1
with 20 Mb. and 5 with 5 Mb. and warning at 4.5 Mb.)
hope this can help you.

Atte. Pablo F. Garcia Melga
XL-NET HostMaster
Tel: 4819-5170
Fax: 4819-5188
e-mail: pablo.garcia@xlnet.com.ar
ICQ # : 13889842

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Robb Bryn
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 10:59 PM
To: 'ntisp@iea-software.com'
Subject: [NTISP] POP3 Quotas and Message Size policies....

We've never resticted our message sizes or put Quotas on our user's POP3
accounts before, we never really felt we needed to until today. Over the
course of 48hrs I've had a few users pound out 100Meg and 150Meg file
attachments, soaking our mailserver and connections.

I was wondering if anyone had a good working average on the common
restrictions placed on message sizes and POP3 Quotas.... What are the
industry averages? I'de feel alot better about what I have to do tommorrow
if I could say..."The industry averages are #### and we are allowing ####"

Thanks
Robb Bryn