RE: [RadiusNT] Echo checkbox not staying checked

Ed Whitesell ( ewhitesell@cisp.cc )
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:51:00 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C02974.AB9791DA

Ok, that makes a little more sense. Doesn't explain why support told me
last Friday that that was the fix though.... But, no big deal on that part,
I certanly have no clue.

We can send Accounting packets through a radlogin (radlogin <username>
START/STOP). That works just fine. But when we receive the packet from an
NAS, it does not get sent to our downstream, but it does store it in the
calls table.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [mailto:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 1:44 PM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] Echo checkbox not staying checked

> Ed Whitesell wrote:
>
> We're having the problem with RadiusNT Administrator 2.5.267 (yes
> discussions are ongoing about upgrading) the 'Echo' checkbox in the
> Proxy and Roaming section of the Advanced tab, is not staying
> checked. Therefore, we're not passing accounting packets to our
> clients, although authentication works fine.

The echo checkbox in the Proxy Accounting is NOT something you
should enable. It has nothing to do with proxy accounting
working or not, just what the reply looks like.

If RadiusNT isn't proxying accounting but is proxying authentication,
make sure the Proxy Accounting is checked and that you have the
ports defined for accounting in the proxy server definition. You
can allow/disallow auth and/or acct proxy by setting the port to 0
for the proxy server definition for that function.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C02974.AB9791DAContent-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">RE: [RadiusNT] Echo checkbox not staying checked

Ok, that makes a little more sense.  Doesn't =explain why support told me last Friday that that was the fix =though....  But, no big deal on that part, I certanly have no =clue.

We can send Accounting packets through a radlogin =(radlogin <username> START/STOP).  That works just =fine.  But when we receive the packet from an NAS, it does not get =sent to our downstream, but it does store it in the calls =table.

> We're having the problem with RadiusNT =Administrator 2.5.267 (yes
> discussions are ongoing about upgrading) the ='Echo' checkbox in the
> Proxy and Roaming section of the Advanced tab, =is not staying
> checked.  Therefore, we're not passing =accounting packets to our
> clients, although authentication works =fine.

The echo checkbox in the Proxy Accounting is NOT =something you
should enable.  It has nothing to do with proxy =accounting
working or not, just what the reply looks =like.

If RadiusNT isn't proxying accounting but is proxying =authentication,
make sure the Proxy Accounting is checked and that =you have the
ports defined for accounting in the proxy server =definition.  You
can allow/disallow auth and/or acct proxy by setting =the port to 0
for the proxy server definition for that =function.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr.    Emerald and =RadiusNT/X
IEA Software, Inc.   =www.iea-software.com

For more information about this list (including =removal) go to:
http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststar=t

------_=_NextPart_001_01C02974.AB9791DA--