Re: [Emerald] Clearing out history - pointers?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:43:09 -0700

Bob's Lists wrote:

> > I would recommend calling our support group. They can help you
> > expand your database size.
>
> Hmmm... not quite the answer I was looking for but the one I deserved for
> playing so dumb...

Somtimes a call is easier than a dialog here, especially if you are
having DB problems.

> In fact I did successfully expand the database once before, but it's pretty
> big now and disk space is getting tight so I was hoping to be able to clean
> out some trash provided there's a safe/easy way to do it...
>
> Also have to take performance into consideration too, no sense in just
> keeping expanding the thing...

The only table in Emerald that ever gets that big is the calls table.
You can use the Emerald admin (db maintenace) to trim your calls table.
However, you will need some working space in the DB and your tempdb
to accomplish that.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com