Re: [Emerald] Importation of new services

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:29:32 -0700

Todd Coward wrote:

> We are adding a group of 500 new dialup users, which we want to put into one
> MBR. Two questions:
>
> 1. Is there any limit on how many services can be added to a single MBR?

There is a reasonability factor. The UI is not designed to handle a
large number of users on a single MBR. There is not enforced limit on
it, however.

> 2. Can we import these services from an existing database or other data
> source? What is the mechanism for such importation?

Conversions and import are typically unique per instance. If you
are familar with DBs and VBA, you might look at Data Transformation
Services with SQL 7. Its very powerful on doing imports.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com