RE: [NTISP] ISP class Mail Server

Chris Kissinger ( )
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:09:58 -0800

We use Post.Office primarily for the way it handles multiple domains &
aliases. All domains go into a list and emails are in their own list.
Aliases can be created using any domain name without needing to create =
forward or the other various ways some programs use to seperate domain
emails. This was one of our main concerns when we're dealing with 500+
domains. The anti-spam features aren't great, just basic relay settings
& blocking. (I've been in contact with them and am working on getting
DNS lookups and some other various basic tools to add to anti-spam
features of it.) It does allow use of NT sam list, as for import I'm =
sure what you'll be looking at. Check them out
let me know if I can help further, we wrote the help file back when it
was version 1.92 :)
Chris Kissinger

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriel Sponsler []
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 10:57 AM
Subject: [NTISP] ISP class Mail Server=20

=A0=A0=A0 Hello all,
=A0=A0=A0 We are looking to upgrade our mail server from an older =
version of
MCIS for security issues (spam relays) as well as the need for web mail
and better web administration.
=A0=A0=A0 My concern is transferring the users from MCIS to which ever =
server we select, because MCIS uses=A0the NT user manager for user =
and passwords.=A0=A0Could anyone suggest a good mail server or a =
that we could implement so we could avoid putting all the man =
entering thousands of individual accounts and routing tables?
=A0=A0=A0 We are currently looking at Seattle Labs, NT Mail and Imail =
would certainly be open to any suggestions you may have.
=A0=A0=A0 Thanks in advance,
Gabriel Sponsler
fax: 831-648-8113
ph: 831-648-8111