Re: [NTISP] ISP class Mail Server

Don Comedy ( (no email) )
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:28:36 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01BF7E34.2E4B01D0

We use IMS. It's free....:), authenticates off the NT SAM data base and =
will do just about everything we need. The only thing I haven't been =
able to find a patch for is the limit of One domain.... you can send and =
receive mail for multiple domains, but I haven't figured out how to =
enable the same username to be used for different accounts on different =
domains. That's my only complaint, but so far with only about 15 domains =
and just less than 2,000 users, it's not been a big problem.
>>>>>>-------------------------------------------------->
Don Comedy, Owner
West Texas Internet
doncom@westex.net
<-------------------------------------------------<<<<<<<
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Gabriel Sponsler=20
To: ntisp@iea-software.com=20
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 12:57 PM
Subject: [NTISP] ISP class Mail Server=20

Hello all,
We are looking to upgrade our mail server from an older version of =
MCIS for security issues (spam relays) as well as the need for web mail =
and better web administration.
My concern is transferring the users from MCIS to which ever mail =
server we select, because MCIS uses the NT user manager for user names =
and passwords. Could anyone suggest a good mail server or a solution =
that we could implement so we could avoid putting all the man hours into =
entering thousands of individual accounts and routing tables?
We are currently looking at Seattle Labs, NT Mail and Imail but =
would certainly be open to any suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel Sponsler
MontereyBay.com
fax: 831-648-8113
ph: 831-648-8111
gabe@montereybay.com

------=_NextPart_000_0099_01BF7E34.2E4B01D0

We use IMS. It's free....:), authenticates off the =NT SAM data=20base and will do just about everything we need. The only thing I haven't =been=20able to find a patch for is the limit of One domain.... you can =send and=20receive mail for multiple domains, but I haven't figured out how to=20enable the same username to be used for different accounts on =different=20domains. That's my only complaint, but so far with only about 15 domains =and=20just less than 2,000 users, it's not been a big problem.
         &=nbsp;   =20Don Comedy,=20Owner
          &nbs=p;  =20West Texas=20Internet
          &=nbsp;  =20doncom@westex.net