Re: [RadiusNT] Concurrency Control Doesn't Work, Help...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:37:59 -0800

"Todd K. Tuttle" wrote:

> The concurrency control doesn't work for any NAS I try, only using radlogin
> from the localhost or another machine. I have the Emerald Suite with MSSQL
> 7. I have the Concurrency Control, Variable Login Limits set in the
> Authentication on the Advanced Tab in RadiusNT Administrator as well as the
> SNMP Concurrency Check. The radlogin check didn't work until I added the
> primary key to the Username field in the Calls table. Now from reading the
> version 3.0 guide, apparently you have to manually add to the ServerPorts
> table the ServerID and the Port to correspond to the NAS-Port. I ran with
> "-x15" (see below) , but need to know which ServerID to use. Do you use the
> "Request from host cefd387c" or the "NAS-Identifier=206.253.56.124"?
> i.e."cefd387c" or the IP address?

NAS-Identifier.

> Or is the Emerald administrator, and RadiusNT administrator supposed to be
> able to actually set things up so the Concurrency Control acutally works
> without manually adding to the ServerPorts table? I have had the Full
> Emerald Suite since November of 1999 and still have not released it into
> "real time" use since I can't get it to do what I want. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

When you add the NAS, if you define the type/number of ports right,
the Emerald admin will create the ports for you. However, some
NASes (like USRs) have several different ways to config the ports,
which makes it practically impossible to predict them all. There is
an SQL Script at:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/RadiusNT/MSSQL/updtports.sql

that you can run. It will look at your calls table and add any
missing ports that are not there so that concurrency will work
the next time on that port.