Re: [RadiusNT] What's Up Gold 4.0 and RadiusNT

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:45:21 -0800

Jim Whaley wrote:

> I'm running RadiusNT 2.5.175, NT 4.0 SP4, SQL 7.0 SP1.
>
> I'm trying to setup our What's Up Gold to monitor the RadiusNT service
> without much luck.
>
> I've seen messages posted here in the past about this, but never saw
> anything from anyone saying "Yeay, it works now!"....
>
> Does anyone know the EXACT way this should be setup in What's Up Gold?
> Right now WUPG says the service is down, but it isn't.
>
> I added an etry to my servers table for the monitor machine,
> I made a subaccount called "wupg", with a password of "ANY",
> ---------------------------------
> In What's Up Gold, I have a custom service setup for Radius:
> Port 1645
> Timeout 5
> UDP
> Send command on connect:
> \aD/@,0123456789012345\a\fwupg\%18abcdefghijklmnop

Make this:

\aD/@,0123456789012345\a\fwupg\b%18abcdefghijklmnop

I believe the %18 is 18 (the length of the password + 2).
Remember, the password MUST be a multiple of 16. You were
missing the \b (attribute 2, or password), which is why RadiusNT
was reporting the no password error.

> Expected command response:
> \cD\@

Make this "\bD\@" as the ANY password should be ACKing the request, and