Re: [RadiusNT] RE: SNMP concurrency checking

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:11:14 -0800

Lamar Townsend wrote:

> What hardware are you using. I have been trying to get SNMP concurrency
> checking working with the USR for a while now and have pretty much given
> up. I needed to get some info on how to populate the serverports and all
> but that has not happened yet. I also could not get any SNMP data out of
> RadiusNT after 2.5.175. I do not know what is different in 2.5.195 and 199
> but it broke my setup. I'm sure Dale and the gang could help get that up
> and running pretty easily. I would be interested to know how you put the
> OIDs into the database. The docs I have were kinda lacking in that
> department. But I believe that was one of the new additions to the
> software when the RadiusNT 2.5 docs were done. I have a html doc that Kurt
> sent me that tells a little about setting it up but the start port on it
> seems to be off by 256 from what I have gathered. SNMP Concurrency Control
> sure would be nice on those nights when SWEPCO (South Western Electric
> Power Company) decided to kill the juice just long enough to drain the USPs
> while they are putting the new hospital across the street online.

You have to add 1256 to the port number. Don't ask me why, its another
USRism that is totally FUBAR.

For example:

Update ServerPorts
Set SNMPUser = '.1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.1.1.18.x' + convert(varchar(5),
Port+1256)
Where ServerID = x

I just did a USR SNMP Concurrency on Monday and it went fine. To
verify the SNMP, grab this file:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/NT/snmptools.ZIP

and unzip it to your RadiusNT dir (you don't have to overwrite your
mib.txt) then from the RaidusNT dir execute the command:

snmpwalk -v 1 1.2.3.4 community .1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.1.1.18

and you should see a list of who is on-line and the last digit for that
user. (replace 1.2.3.4 with the ip of the USR and community with the
SNMP community, usually public, you have configured on the USR).
Compare that list to:

Select Port, SNMPUser