RE: [RadiusNT] Bogus overlimit problem

John Sulima ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:38:26 -0500

I guess I missed that. Thanks for answering so quickly!

John

-----Original Message-----
From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 12:01 AM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] Bogus overlimit problem

John Sulima wrote:

> Sorry for posting to both lists, but I'd like an answer quickly, if
> possible. We recently installed a TotalControl HiperARc term server, and
the
> accounting records don't seem to be updating correctly. We're using
RadiusNT
> 2.95 with MS SQL Server 7 SP1 and Platypus 2.9. Basically, what happens is
> that the stop record doesn't seem to be recording, so when the person
hangs
> up and tries to log on later .... even a couple of hours later, he can't
get
> in because of the logon limit.
>
> Is this a problem with server time-outs? It isn't a problem with our older
> TotalControl racks or with our PM3s ....
>
> We can manually clear the callersonline database, but I'd like a better
> solution than this band-aid.

I posted about this a couple days ago. The USR likes to reuse
the Acct-Session-ID value fairly quickly, which causes duplicate
accounting records. Since the duplicates don't get inserted into
the database, the callsonline doesn't get updated.

The easiest way to correct this is to modify the primary key of
your calls table and add username to the primary key.