Re: [Emerald] Emerald questions

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 10 May 2000 11:16:02 -0700

Scottie Arnett wrote:

> I have 3 or 4 questions concerning Emerald 2.5.331.
>
> 1. I cannot get any reports or invoices to print. I have not been able to
> since I installed the software 2 months ago. So, this is a first time
> problem, that has not been caused by an upgrade or anything. I get the
> error: StartprintJob in PrintCustom caused an error: Cannot open SQL.
>
> I tried opening the SQL Executive and gave the user Full rights to
> everything in the database. I have them with full rights in the Emerald
> Administrator. What am I doing wrong? Can you give me a step by step
> instructions on how to resolve this issue?

Most likely this is an issue with your Emerald ODBC DSN. Make sure
its pointing at your SQL Server and that the username/password you
are using to login to Emerald works with that DSN. Typically this
is an issue like use trusted connection is checked in the DSN, and
you don't have a trusted connection to your SQL Server (ie, it
should be normal, not trusted).

> 2. In my time-on, the reason for terminating is not showing. I have a new
> MAX ascend 6048. v7...IOS

Ascend reports disconnect using Ascend-Disconnect-Reason, not the RFC
standard Acct-Terminate-Cause. You can rename ADR to ATC, to allow it
to record, but the numbers will not be translated in Emerald.

> 3. How do I delete invoices?

You can't. You just void them.

> 4. Connect info in the On-Line screen is not showing anything?

This is the same as #2, but a different set of attributes, and
unfortunately the solution in #2 doesn't work (the attributes are
of different types0>

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com