Re: [Emerald] Post.Office integration

Kenneth Gustav Eitenmiller Jr ( keitenmiller@hughestech.net )
Mon, 1 May 2000 08:57:04 -0500

Dale,
I think the point of all of this is the fact that people are looking for an
integration between the programs...
I am sorry that you don't personnaly like the way that Post.Office works
with their software.... But the fact remains that, your customers, are
looking for you to integrate them...
Ken
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
To: <emerald@iea-software.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2000 14:14
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Post.Office integration

> Bob's Lists wrote:
> >
> > If you find a way to do this, let me know. Emerald's 'integration' with
Post.Office sucks big time. It will create the accounts for you, but will
neither suspend them upon account expiry, nor delete them upon account
deletion.

> > I had some dialog with Dale about this over a year ago. IEA seem to want
to use the postmaster 'forms' method of creating the accounts in Post.Office
rather than the (much easier imho) utilities that come with post office. I
am not a programmer, but I know enough to know it would be trivial to shell
out to a command line and use Software.com's command line utilities to
create, suspend or delete accounts - however IEA don't seem to be interested
in further integrating Emerald with Post.Office, for whatever reason...