Re: [Emerald] Work on SNMP Concurrency Checking

Howard A. Brooks ( (no email) )
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:04:32 -0400

Assuming all the above info on file location is OK:

Does SNMP Trap Service have to be running?

Does SNMP Concurrency Check need to be checked in RNT Admin under
SNMP?

Howard A. Brooks, IamNet, Inc. - http://www.iamnow.net/index.htm
"Your One Stop Internet Support and Solution Shop" -
howard@iamnow.net

> Randy Martin wrote:
> >
> > I don't mean to jump into the middle of this, but isn't the
above the
> > NON-SNMP concurrency doing it's job correctly? It did the
radcheckonline
> > and found the user already online. It doesn't seem to me that
you should
> > need both? I don't have the SNMP concurrency setup, and
everything works
> > just fine on our system. Is there only certain combinations
of NAS's etc.
> > that have a problem with the non-SNMP concurrency checking?
> >
> > >Apr 18 15:06:03 2000 [INFO]: SQL Statement: {CALL
> > >RadCheckOnlineSNMP('ejluckey')}
> > >Apr 18 15:06:03 2000 [INFO]: Server:tcm-glenelder
> > >SNMPUser:.1.3.6.1.4.1.429.4.10.1.1.18.1788 User:ejluckey
> > >Sending Ack of id 111 to d12a4f23 (tcm-glenelder)
>
> Assuming that the customer's login limit is 1, the SNMP
verified
> that the customer is indeed on-line and should not be allowed
on
> again. If the string after the User: does not match the auth
name,
> then the SNMP checking would ignore the on-line entry, to
prevent